Abbotsford
Agassiz
Aldergrove
Chilliwack
Cloverdale
Coquitlam
Cultus Lake
Delta
Fort Langley
Harrison Hot Springs
Harrison Mills
Hope
Kent
Langley City
Langley Township
Maple Ridge
Mission
Pitt Meadows
Port Coquitlam
Port Moody
Richmond
Steveston
Surrey
White Rock
Yale/Fraser Canyon


Home Page
Accommodations
Attractions
Art Galleries
Event Calendar
Fishing
Heritage Sites
History
Horseback Riding
Markets
Museums
Parks
Outdoor/Rec
Watersports

Event Management
Modify Profile
Advertise!
Privacy

DEAS ISLAND REGIONAL PARK

Visit Website

Three heritage buildings give Deas Island a turn-of-the century feel and recall the settlement history of Delta. The Inverholme Schoolhouse was built in 1909 and is one of the last one-room schoolhouses in Delta. It was moved from the Paterson Farm near Boundary Bay to Deas Island in 1981 and restored to its original condition in 1982. The schoolhouse can be booked for special occasions by calling 604-432-6352. Burvilla, a Queen Anne style residence, was built in 1905-06 and belonged to the Burr family of Delta. It was moved to Deas Island from the south side of River Road in December, 1981. Call 604-224-5739 to find out the opening times. The Delta Agricultural hall was first officially opened in 1899 and was moved to Deas Island from Ladner in 1989. It now serves as a park maintenance building with public space for exhibits and special events in front.

Please visit SouthernBC.com for information about other
communities located in Southern British Columbia.




Fraser Valley Guide is a division of Mediast Services Inc.